Depression & Anxiety
Are you feeling stuck, hopeless, with no way out? Do you find it hard to do even the most basic things in life? Often, people may have these thoughts if they struggle with depression:
- I am worthless and can’t do anything about it.
- I feel guilty for just wanting to eat, sleep and be alone.
- I hate who I am these days.
- I can’t stop crying, which makes me want to stay away from others.
- I constantly feel pain, but no one understands.
- My life and the world around me are dark. I hate it, but I can’t change it.
Or do you feel that things are out of control? Is worry taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t get on top of it, no matter how hard you try? Here are some common symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
If any of this resonates with you, let’s talk. In regards to depression, we can identify small steps that you can take to start to improve your life. You can become aware of negative thoughts that you are having, as well as negative beliefs about yourself and your future. You can learn what it means to challenge those thoughts, or how to handle them using mindfulness and by being present. We can also explore how relationships or events in your past are affecting you now, and find healing from them.
In regards to anxiety, you can learn about your body’s stress response and how you can calm it through exercises such as breathing and mindfulness. You can identify any negative thoughts that are causing anxiety, and challenge them to see how accurate or probable they are. You can learn how to face the things causing you anxiety, and identify small steps in doing so. We can also explore possible causes of anxiety from your past and how to heal these wounds.
If you are ready for more light and hope in your life, to live more at peace and rest, then please click on the button below for your next steps.